Nanocapsules


Hello everyone! This time I’m going to write about something very important for the pharmaceutical nanotechnology: nanocapsules as drug delivery systems. I choose this topic because I think is very interesting the way that a drug can be administrated and how it can help to improve lifestyle. I didn’t know of the existence of this technology, till a day of this year, when I was visiting a science page of Facebook and I read about it.

Well, a nanocapsule are colloidal nanobubbles with a liquid or solid core in which the drug is placed into a cavity, so, they can serve as a drug carrier. An advantage of them is the small form they are made. The design of this capsules was made because they would be absorbed in specific areas of our system in a better way, in other words, they would penetrate cells more easily because of the size of the structure and their polymer membrane, to finally make an efficient drug targeting.

Although nanotechnology is focus in very small things, their impact is so big. We can take advantage of science advances to study this little world and apply this knowledge in life science applications and new treatments to human welfare. For example, now, nanocapsules are being created to be use in therapies for cancer. Nanocapsules are very important to my career, because they are the technology of the future, pharmaceutical chemists could be interested in this line of research and become to investigate for better treatments for different diseases.

Comments

  1. I didn't know about the nanocapsules, do you think that we learn more about it along our career?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My favorite movie

My favorite piece of technology is...

My autobiography